1. Receive him as a gift from God – Ephesians 4:7-8,11-12; Matthew 16:13-end. Jesus gave him to you as a gift. James 1:17 says, ‘Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
2. Know your Pastor and his wife – study his lifestyle as a Christian leader and follow his faith. [What he’s been able to achieve with his faith] – 1 Thessalonians 5:12; 2 Timothy 3:10
3. Esteem him very highly in love and be at peace among yourselves. – 1 Thessalonians 5:13
4. Pray for him daily both in the spirit and intelligently using God’s word that he will behold wondrous things from God’s word, [Ps. 119:18] that he will be delivered from them that do not believe and that signs and wonders will be wrought through him as he ministers God’s word and that the word will have free course and great impact. – 2 Thessalonians 3:1; 1 Thessalonians 3:2; Acts 12:1-17 [Peter delivered from prison] [For additional insight and information on prayer, order a copy of my book: Why You should Pray And How You should Pray For Your Pastor and Your Church Daily from our bookshop or website: www.houseofjudah.org.uk]
5. Communicate to him personally – give to support him on your own accord and corporately as a church. Arrange occasional surprises for him; you endear yourself to God and to him that way because a man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men. Fully partner with and support his ministry without reservation. – Galatians 6:6; 3:7; Hebrews 7:5; Philippians 4:14-17; Luke 8:1-3
6. Imitate him as he imitates Christ – be faithful to follow him. – 1 Corinthians 11:1; Hebrews 6:12; Philippians 4:9; 2 Kings 2:1-15
7. Obey his teachings – Acts 20:28-32; 1 Corinthians 11:1-2. A Pastor’s number one ministry is the word and prayer, not running around. – Acts 6:1-6. As you serve Jesus, serve your Pastor well and Ephesians 6:1-3 shall be your portion.
If the church will allow the Pastors to stay in the word and prayer, they will behold wondrous things and the members will increase, multiply in number and be blessed. Acts 6:7, ‘And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.’